- Box Office Opens: 5pm
- Gates Open: 6pm
- Music Ends: 11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday
- Box Office Opens: 11am
- Gates Open: 12pm
- Music Ends: 11:00pm
Main Entrance is location on Congress Street and we recommend taking the T to the Haymarket or State Street stations. We strongly encourage you to take public transportation. Boston Calling Music Festival is easily accessible from multiple MBTA stations:
- Orange Line: Haymarket or State
- Blue Line: State Street
- Red Line: Park Street
- Green Line: Haymarket
Play At Boston Calling?
What happens if it rains?
Boston Calling is a rain or shine event.
What is Boston Calling Music Festival?
Boston Calling Music Festival is a three-day, two-stage festival featuring some of the biggest and best acts in live music. The event will be one big party with easy access to both stages, food, services and more. All ages are welcome and children under 10 are free.
When and where is it held?
When: Friday, Saturday and Sunday, May 23, 24 & 25
Where: City Hall Plaza, Boston MA
When is the performance schedule released?
The performance schedule will be released a few weeks prior to the festival. If you want to be notified right away once the schedule is released, be sure to sign up for our mailing list. Artist lineup subject to change.
How do I get to City Hall Plaza?
City Hall Plaza is accessible by the MBTA, car, and bike/foot.
Where should I stay in Boston?
We suggest staying at the Ames Hotel – it is within a short walk to the festival and offers amazing amenities.
I lost/forgot my ticket, what do I do?
Please consult the Ticketmaster policies.
What should I bring to the Festival?
- Non-professional film and digital cameras
- (1) Factory-sealed bottle of water (non-glass container)
- A small clear plastic bag (no backpacks are allowed inside the festival)
- Valid Driver’s License for will-call and/or to drink alcohol
- Comfortable footwear
The following items are prohibited:
- Large bags/backpacks (bags can be no larger than 12″ x 12″)
- Weapons of any kind
- Professional cameras & recording devices (no SLR/DSLR or cameras with detachable lenses)
- Illegal substances
- Squirt guns, misters, spray bottles, etc
- Laser pens and similar focused-light devices
- Chairs / Strollers
- Cans, canteens, flasks (empty camelbaks and water bottles will be allowed)
- Bicycles, scooters, personal motorized vehicles
- Musical instruments
- Sleeping bags (no overnight camping or sleepovers)
- Any container of liquid other than 1 factory sealed bottle of water
- Totem poles or flag sticks
- Walkie Talkies
- Fake IDs – they will be confiscated and your wristband will be cut without refund.
Is the Festival accessible to people with disabilities?
The entire plaza has various ramps accessing the multiple levels. ADA accessible restrooms are also available. Sign ASL interpreters are available upon request.
Any tips on preparation for a day at Boston Calling Music Festival?
We suggest preparing for the event as follows:
- Dress in cool, unrestrictive, lightweight clothing
- Bring those sunglasses
- Lather up in sunscreen and bring some extra in case it’s needed
- Bring a hat
- Wear comfy shoes
- Stay hydrated! Drink water before you get to the event and enjoy the beverage offerings of the many vendors at the festival.
Are there ATMs available if I run low on cash?
Sure. ATMs will be located around the festival grounds.
Is the entire VIP section 21+
What will be available in the food/beer areas?
Delicious food from Chipotle Mexican Grill, Tasty Burger, Roxy’s, Bon Me, The Chicken and Rice Guys, Flatbread Pizza and much more. Sam Adams will be featured in all beer vending areas as well as in the VIP section. All VIP catering will be handled by the Hard Rock Cafe in Boston. Beer and wine will be available to those who are 21+. Please make sure to bring proper ID and grab a wrist band from the ID Check tent by the main entrance.
What about vegetarian items?
Many food vendors will feature a vegetarian option.
Will you have merch for sale?
Festival t-shirts for men and women, a limited edition festival poster, hats, and many other items will be sold at the main merchandise stand. Artist merch will also be available there. Limited event merchandise is available before the festival so check by clicking the Shop link above.
How can I apply for a food booth?
We generally will not be accepting food vendor applications for the event, as we are seeking out specific food vendors, food trucks, and other purveyors in the food scene, but if you are interested in being considered, please email us with your company/business name, full contact and company information, and detailed information on the food items and dishes you would like to sell. Also include a resume on other events you have been a food vendor at. Someone will be in touch soon after!
How can I apply for press credentials?
Email us with your full info and someone from our team will be in touch soon after!
How can my company become a Sponsor?
Sponsors are cool, and if your company would like to be a festival sponsor, please email us with as much info as possible on your company, as well as your contact info, and one of our sponsorship reps will be in touch soon after!
What happens if the event is cancelled
In the event a single day or multiple days of the festival are cancelled, ticket holders will be notified of cancellation and refund policy.