Click on each icon for more information or scroll down to read the full policy.
What Information We Have & Where We Get It
We collect and store different types of information about you when you create an account, buy tickets from our ticketing agents, attend our events, contact us, and use our websites, apps and social media.
How We Use Your Information & Why
We collect and use your information for lots of reasons such as helping you get into the shows you love, sharing news, for marketing and as otherwise required by law.
Who We Share Your Information With & Why
We share your information with Event Partner(s) – such as the ticketing agents, artist, co-promoter(s), record label or venue – as well as other third parties associated with the service provided.
Your Choices & Rights
Among other rights, you can choose whether to receive marketing from us. You also have the right to access the information we have about you.
Looking After Your Information
We’re always taking steps to make sure your information is protected and to delete it securely when we no longer need it.
If you have any questions or feedback about this notice, or how we handle your information, get in touch with us.
WHAT INFORMATION WE HAVE & WHERE WE GET IT
- If you create an account & buy from us. If you create an account, purchase a product from us (such as VIP experiences or merchandise), we will collect your contact and billing information directly from you. When you register for a presale, we collect your contact information, such as your name, street address, zip and post code, email, phone number and credit card number.
- When you buy tickets to our events. When you purchase tickets to one of our events, or an event for which we are a co-promoter, or have a ticket transferred to you by a friend we will receive your information from ticket agents or e-commerce platforms used to sell tickets for our promoted and co-promoted events, or the venues we hire to put on the event. This includes your name, contact details and ticket purchase information, such as number of tickets bought and seat number(s).
- When you attend one of our events. When you attend one of our events, we collect your information via our free Wi-Fi (if you register to use it) and, if available, via cashless payment wristbands which can be used to access events and to make purchases onsite at the event.
- Fan images and CCTV. When attending an event at a venue or festival we collect your image and likeness whether this is through CCTV cameras or videographers or photographers on venue of festival sites. This is primarily collected for the safety and security of our fans; however, we sometimes use these images in our marketing or social media posts. If you wish to object to images being used for marketing visit the ‘Your Rights & Choices’ section below.
- When using our website and apps. When you use our websites or apps, we may use tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons and technology like GPS and WiFi to passively collect data about you, such as the browser and device you’re using, your IP address, your location, the site you came from, what you did and didn’t use our site/app for, or the site you visit when you leave us. For more information on how we collect this information, see our Cookies Policy.
- Onsite safeguarding when attending an event. When attending an event at a venue or festival in order to provide a safe and secure site for you, we may process personal information about you to be able to enforce appropriate access management, their purposes for being onsite, and any experiences or issues that may arise. As part of our safeguarding policies and procedures, we process personal information about incidents and visitor wellbeing.
- When entering competitions. When you enter into competitions we run, we’ll use your information to administer your entry and contact you if you’ve been successful. If the prize is administered by a third party, we’ll let you know who they are.
- When you contact our fan experience & customer support teams. When you contact our Customer Services teams with a query or provide us with feedback, we record that interaction for evidentiary purposes and to provide support related to your query.
- When you use social media and online public forums. When you use a social media feature within our website or apps, and you post to social media platforms, or post on a public space or on one of our websites. The social media site will provide us with some information about you.
- Geodemographic data suppliers. We use suppliers such as advertising and marketing partners who collate geodemographic data which assists us in better personalising our services to you, like your age range, or gender, or information about events you like or products you buy. If you’d prefer that we do not do this, see the ‘Your Rights & Choices’ section below.
- Health and safety purposes. In order to keep you and other attendees safe, we may collect information from ticket purchasers and attendees for purposes of contact tracing related to infectious disease to the extent allowed under applicable law. This information may include names, contact details, seat locations, along with entry and exit times.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION & WHY
- For the performance of our contract with you
- When you make purchases. We use your information when you enter into a contract or transaction with us (such as VIP experiences or merchandise) so we can:
- process your order;
- take payment;
- send you customer service emails, including order confirmations and event related emails;
- provide you with customer support; and
- register you for event presales.
- Event Partner(s). To share with Event Partner(s) who provide services for the event such as co-promoters, ticketing agents or venues to enable them to run the event on our behalf, allocate seating or notify you if there has been a change to the event or provide important event information.
- Contest, Competitions and Referrals. We may use your information to confirm your registration for an event or contest. You may give us your friend’s information, for example via our referral service to tell a friend about our website or to purchase a gift card. We will only use your friend’s information to provide services you requested. Your friend may contact us to ask us to delete their information.
- When you make purchases. We use your information when you enter into a contract or transaction with us (such as VIP experiences or merchandise) so we can:
- For our legitimate business interests
- Marketing. To contact you with information or offers regarding upcoming events, products or services – this may be via email, via push and web notifications, via SMS, or social media platforms. You can change your marketing preferences at any time, see “Your choices and rights” section below.
- Advertising & cookies. To deliver tailored advertising and marketing communications on our websites and apps depending on your market. (See our Cookies Policy for more information).
- Market research & fan feedback. To conduct market research and analysis which helps improve and customise our products and services, or to contact you with satisfaction surveys, or to participate in user research (such as focus groups). We include an unsubscribe option for this kind of contact should you no longer wish to receive them.
- Images. Where you attend our events, we sometimes take photos and sometimes post these on social media or use them in marketing campaigns. Our signage at the event will let you know, and you can always request we remove you.
- Personalisation. To make sure our messages and website are relevant to you (depending on your market), for example, when you favourite artists and genres, if you purchased tickets, attend shows with friends and any presales you are interested, we will inform you about similar events we think you might be interested in. We create a user profile with the information we know about you and how you use our services. By turning personalisation off you won’t get any personal recommendations and any newsletters you’ve subscribed to will be generic (although if you’ve asked to receive alerts about specific artists or venues, you’ll still receive these).We will still perform profiling activities where we need to do so to deliver our services to you, for example for fraud screening purposes and where you specifically request we do so.
- For our overriding legitimate business interests
- To prevent or detect unlawful behaviour, to protect or enforce our legal rights or as otherwise permitted by law. For example, making sure tickets get into the hands of real fans. As such, we may use your information to prevent ticket touting, misuse of our intellectual property (e.g., our or our Event Partner’s brands), fraud, or other crimes.
- Event security. To protect our fans and ensure the security of our and our Event Partners’ operations.
- Where you’ve given your consent
- Marketing. To contact you with information or offers regarding our upcoming events, products or services – this may be via email, via push and web notifications, or via SMS. You can change your marketing preferences at any time, see “Your Choices and Rights” section below.
- Location services. For example, our apps request location permission for functions like browsing events near your location and receiving push notifications about them or seeing yourself on the map at an event.
- Crowd management analytics. Some of our apps use crowd management software so we can see how many people are at a particular stage, or when the busiest times at the bars are. This helps us more efficiently allocate our resources. We turn this on shortly before the festival or event and turn it off shortly after so we’re not tracking devices when we don’t need to.
- Advertising & cookies. To deliver tailored advertising and marketing communications on our websites and apps, depending on your market. (See our Cookies Policy for more information).
- Commercial Partners. We sometimes work with Commercial Partners who we share data with. These are third party data controllers that we work with to provide additional value-add services, such as our travel packages, sponsors or exclusive presale deals. In some circumstances, where sharing is not necessary for us to perform the contract, you have requested, we will request your consent prior to sharing and provide information regarding what will be shared with whom.
- To protect your vital interests
- Health and Safety. Any information collected by us or our third-party partners in compliance with applicable health and safety requirements, will only be used to contact attendees or shared with relevant local, government officials. This information is regularly deleted.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH & WHY
- Live Nation Entertainment. Within the Live Nation Entertainment group and associated family of companies who provide services for us such as marketing, profiling, reporting and technical and product support. This may include Ticketmaster and Live Nation owned or operated venues, for example.
- Third parties who perform services on our behalf. Our third-party service providers such as cloud computing providers who provide the IT infrastructure on which our products and systems are built or outsourced customer service agents who support fan experience. Some of these third parties may be located outside of your jurisdiction.
- Event Partners. Event Partners are entities we work with to put the event on, such as our co-promoters, ticketing agents, venues, or the artists. We share your information with our Event Partners so that they can run the event and for other reasons described in their privacy policies.
- Commercial Partners. These are third parties we work with to provide additional value-add services. As the Commercial Partners we work with varies between services, we use just-in-time information to let you know when data will be shared with them and that it will be processed in accordance with their privacy notice.
- Disclosures under law. We may share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also share information if a government agency or investigatory body here permitted or required by law. Or, we may share information when we are investigating potential fraud.
- Successors. We may share information with any successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business is sold we may give our customer list as part of that transaction.
We may share your information for reasons not described in this policy. We will tell you before we do this.
YOUR CHOICES & RIGHTS
Your rights and choices may differ depending on the country where you are accessing our services from.
Where you have given us your consent, you can withdraw it by doing the following:
- To stop receiving our marketing you follow the unsubscribe instructions in any of the emails we send you or contact us and we will do it for you.
- To opt out of location tracking and push notifications, you can change the settings on your device or keep your location off. To stop web push notifications, you will need to use your browser settings.
Where we have relied on a legitimate interest, you can object to it by doing the following:
- To object to receiving our marketing you can follow the unsubscribe instructions in any of the emails we send you or contact us and we will do it for you.
- To object to personalisation you can contact us and we will do it for you.
- To object to being contacted as part of fan feedback, you can unsubscribe through the mechanisms in the messages to you or contact us and we will do it for you.
You have certain choices about how we use your information.
You have rights pertaining to the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information.
Depending on where you live, you may have specific rights around your personal information. Below we explain what those rights are and how you can exercise them:
- Disclosure. You have the right to request a report showing the personal information collected, shared, and sold about you.
- Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete any personal information collected from or about you.
- Correction. You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information collected from or about you.
- Opt-Out of Sale/Processing. You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information. You also have the right to opt out of the processing of your data for targeted advertising or profiling purposes.
- Non-Discrimination. We shall not discriminate against you based on your exercise of any of the above rights.
You may submit a request to enact any of the above rights by clicking here to submit a request or calling us at 855-663-0150. You may also submit your request by mailing a letter to the address at the bottom of this policy. Please be sure to include your full name, email address, and which type of request you are making in your letter.
Your “Do Not Sell or Share” Rights Under the CCPA. Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), California residents have the right to opt out of Live Nation Entertainment sale or sharing of their personal information, as defined by the CCPA. California residents may exercise this right to opt out online by submitting a “Do Not Sell or Share My Information” request here. Alternatively, California residents may submit a request to opt out of sales or sharing by calling us at 855-663-0150.
To verify your identity, we may collect information such as your full name and email address. This information will be compared to our existing records to verify the identity of the individual submitting the request. We may also require you to confirm your request via an automated email message before responding to your privacy rights request. Depending on the sensitivity of the information requested and the type of request, we may require additional information to verify your identity before responding. We will respond to your request within 45 days if possible and required under the law. Please note that if you we deny your request, you may appeal this denial by contacting us using the information at the bottom of this policy.
Personal Information Collected:
- Names and Aliases
- Physical Address
- Phone Number
- E-Mail Address
- IP Address
- Unique Identifiers
- Interactions with Customer Service
- Information about transactions made on our services
- Fan Preferences and Attributes
Cookies/Web Beacons – We use tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons. To learn more about these tools and to control them, please click here.
Sensitive Personal Information. Please note that we will never use or disclose any sensitive personal information you give us except to provide you with the goods and services you have requested or for the limited purposes allowed under the law.
Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose or Sold/Shared:
|Categories of Personal Information||Personal Information||Disclosed for a Business Purpose||Sold/Shared||Categories of Third-Party Recipients||Retention Standards|
|Identifiers||Names and Aliases||X||X||Business Partners, Data Brokers, Technical Service Providers, Government Agencies||Retained only as long as it is necessary to provide our products and services, keep our systems secure, and maintain necessary business and financial records.|
|IP Address||X||X||Business Partners, Technical Service Providers|
|Commercial Information||Interactions with Customer Service||X||Technical Service Providers, Government Agencies||Retained only as long as it is necessary to provide and improve our products and services, keep our systems secure, and maintain necessary business and financial records.|
|Information about transactions made on our services||X||X|
|Individual’s Preferences and Attributes||X||X||Business Partners, Data Brokers, Technical Service Providers|
|Internet/ Electronic Activity||Cookies/Web Beacons||X||X||Retained only as long as it is necessary to provide our products and services and keep our systems secure.|
|Sensitive Personal Information||SSN/TIN||X||Technical Service Providers, Government Agencies||Retained only as long as it is necessary to provide our products and services and maintain necessary business and financial records.|
|Drivers License/Passport Number||X|
|Demographic Information||X||Technical Service Providers|
You may designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. For an authorized agent to be considered verified, you must provide the authorized agent with signed, written affidavit to make such requests or a power of attorney. We may follow up with you to verify your identity before processing an agent’s request. To view our CCPA request metrics, please click here.
“Shine the Light” Law. If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a list of the personal information we have shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. We will also give you a list of the third parties that have received your information. You can make a request one time each year. Mention in your email that you are making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry. We will respond within 30 days.
Do Not Track. Our websites and apps are not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from browsers.
Our sites and apps are not intended for children. Our sites and apps are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child has given us information, you can contact us.
LOOKING AFTER YOUR INFORMATION
We only keep your information for as long as required to provide you with the services you request, for the purposes outlined in this policy and for any legal purposes for which we are obliged to keep the information. For example, we retain certain purchase information for accounting and tax purposes even after you have deleted your account. Our retention rules are dependent on whether the information is necessary to provide the product or service, what consents have been provided around the use of personal information and what statutory, contractual, or other legal obligations do we have to retain personal information.
We will securely delete your information when it is no longer required for these purposes, in line with our company policies.
As a part of a global group of companies headquartered in the United States, we rely on shared services, some of which are located outside of your country where you are resident. At the same time, when world-class acts are touring, in order to provide you a seamless experience, your information may be transferred internationally.
You can also write us at:
Live Nation Entertainment, Inc.
9348 Civic Center Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Attention: Privacy Officer, Legal
There’s also your local Supervisory Authority where you have one, although we encourage you to try and let us help you first.
From time to time we may change our privacy practices. We will notify you of any material changes to this policy as may be required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our website. Please check our site periodically for updates.
Last updated: March 16, 2023.
If you have any questions about the above, or our approach to privacy, our dedicated Privacy Office, including our Chief Privacy Officer, Hannah Foster, and our Group Data Protection Officer, Alex Bryant, is here to help at email@example.com.